1. Legally I can’t copy or recreate someone else’s creative idea! However, I CAN use their work as inspiration so that we can create something unique and creative for each client!
2. There are a lot of factors that come into play when you’re creating a great image! Light, background, color tones, outfits, the models, the setting. If just ONE of these elements of the picture are different from the pinned picture that you’re wanting to re-create, it will be impossible to actually re-create that exact look, and chances are that most of the elements will not be the same.
3. My BEST work and my most CREATIVE work is done when I’m not limited, and I’m allowed to let my creativity flow freely. When I have to think about re-creating someone else’s idea, it slows down the creative process and hinders me from capturing my best work.
The bottom line is, every single one of my clients (and every other photographer’s clients) deserve THE BEST!! I can confidently say that you’re going to have STUNNING images from your engagement session and wedding day! I can also confidently promise you that you will love your images more if you allow your photographer to be 100% creative without trying to recreate someone else’s work!
So now how to work with this and the board of gorgeous wedding and engagement photos you have pinned?
1. While looking for a photographer, you can use your posing boards to find what style of photography you like. Do you have a bunch of moody photos pinned? That’s a good sign that a light and airy photographer might not be what you’re looking for. Have a ton of candid photos of sweethearts laughing together? A more vogue or fashion photographer might not be the one for you. Look at the work of the photographers you are considering and if the images on their website and instagram match up to the aesthetics that you are drawn to. It’s better to find a photographer to match your style than to ask a photographer to change their style to fit someone else’s.
2. Please, don’t hesitate to send over inspiration and ideas. Just know that they will only be used for inspiration, and I’m going to work hard to create unique and fresh images that are completely your own!! I always love hearing what drew you in to the photos, “I just loved that these two look like they are perfectly at home in each other’s arms!” or “I love that this looks like they are out on a romantic picnic and it feels completely unposed.” Tell me how the photos make you feel and then we can work on finding that emotion in your photos!
Are you Using Pinterest to Plan Your Wedding?! Check out these boards below for some help and ideas!
Wedding ideas by Color
Wedding Tips and Resources
Marquette LaRee Pintrest Boards of Awesomeness 😉